Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Home Style Chicken Dinner

It seems most blogs I follow have a place for recipes.  I love good easy home comfort recipes and this is one I found years ago.  I can’t even tell you where I found it.


Any way I call it Home Style Chicken Dinner and serve it at least once or twice a month.

The first thing before I begin is gather everything I’ll need, not only the ingredients but all cooking tools as well.


Dried basil
Lawry’s seasoned salt
Garlic powder
Pepper
Olive oil
4 chicken breasts
6 small red potatoes
2 med sweet potatoes
1 med green bell pepper
3 small tomatoes
Cooking spray
Chopping block for vegetables and one for meat
Knife for cutting vegetables
Small bowl for mixing seasonings
Measuring spoons
Meat pounder
Large mixing bowl
Two large wooden spoons
13x9 baking dish

Preheat oven to 400° F


Pound out chicken breasts



Cut up the vegetables into bite size pieces place in large mixing bowl


In a small bowl mix together

2 tsp basil
1 tsp seasoned salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp pepper
2 Tbs olive oil
Cover chicken with a couple tsp of season mixture and with the rest toss the vegetables

Spray 13x9 baking dish
Pour vegetables In dish and place chicken on top
Baked uncovered 45-50 minutes.

Simple good and oh so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment