Friday, January 3, 2014

Too Many Aprons

I love aprons.  There is something inspiring about all those cute, sophisticated and seasonal aprons I see in the kitchen stores.  They are a fun necessity of the homemakers wardrobe.  Problem is I have so many that they look cluttered and uninspiring.




But what to do?
I don't want to get rid of them.  I use them.

I decide to put the one's out of season in a drawer.



I made room for them by getting rid of all the pot holders I don't use.  I used to collect pot holders like I do aprons but they were never thick enough to keep me from feeling the heat from taking pans out of the oven.


But last Christmas Santa brought me awesome potholders that can withstand heat up to 500 degrees! I now only use these to pick up hot pots and pans.



So its time to get rid of all those I don't use except a few I can use as hot pads to put the hot pans on the counter.




I also separated my wash rags from my dish towels.




And one apron to use between special occasions. 




I am linking this up to A Slob Comes Clean  Weekly Decluttering Party.  Check out Nony's blog to see others decluttering success stories.

I am also linking this up to What-About.Co Show Off Friday Linky Party. 


6 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Did not I give you the apron that is in the drawer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute aprons! I only have one that fits. I don't buy them because I can't stand the way they hang on my neck. But I love my one that sits on my shoulders, instead. I'm always tempted to buy the antique ones just cause they're so cute, though. -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I love seeing how you were able to give up so many potholders because you finally had some quality ones. There's definitely a lesson in that . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nony You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete