Monday, December 30, 2013

Menu Planning with Coupons

Ok I said today was planning day and that is what I did.  I took the grocery store flyers, and stack of coupons I clipped and went to work.  My first problem is Walmart.  They don't send out a flyer so I don't know if the grocery store sale plus the coupon is a better deal.  Also the store sale is contingent with buying 5 of the item which is ok because they are non perishable items but I'll need to find a place to store them and what if they are out of the item because the circular came out Friday and I shop on Monday.  I have resolved myself to this risk because it is my first attempt at coupon shopping.  I know it will take a few months to find a system that works for me.  Any advice would be ever helpful and totally appreciated!

Also we have quite a few left overs and an out of town event so my grocery list is very small this week. This is what I came up with:

Week of Dec 30-Jan 5



Monday: Shepherd's Pie made with left over beef roast and mash potatoes
Tuesday: New Year's Eve - grilled steaks with roasted red potatoes and green beans
Wednesday: New Year's Day - Hoppin' John (you can see how I make it HERE)
Thursday: left overs from freezer
Friday: Dine Out
Saturday: Grandson's Birthday
Sunday: left overs from freezer

I'm linking this up to Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com




No comments:

Post a Comment