Friday, December 27, 2013

A New Year A New Start

Ah the proverbial New Year's Resolutions.  Some love them some hate them.  I love them.  I love fresh starts and new beginnings.  I guess it's the optimist in me.  All the Christmas festivities are over and all the family has gone back home.  The house is quiet and I sit here and think next year is going to be different it's going to be better.  I'm going to start earlier,  find gifts throughout the year so I'm not running around at the last minute buying whatever I can find just to have a gift.  I'm afraid to look and see how much I actually spent this year because I did not plan or budget.  Next year is going to be different.  And I'm starting today. I found a website that really breaks down all the planning and tasks into manageable bites throughout the year. The Rudolf Club at Organized Home  I can't wait to get started!

I also found a new blog to follow called A Slob Comes Clean I love how her blog started.  She just wrote from her heart about the struggles of keeping her home clean and organized.  She now has e-books on her discoveries and bought them both!  I've had my blog for almost two years but I don't feel like it has any true direction or purpose.  I'd like to change that.  So I thought I would adopt Dana's style and see how it works for me.

I'd like to use my blog as an accountability tool to get projects started and completed and also to get my home more of a haven of peace and not such a chaotic mess.

Dana wrote two posts a day, one was her checklist and the other her reflections on the day.  I'm going to try that and see if it works for me.  She is also doing a de-clutter challenge this week which I'm going to join. You can find it here  I'd like to start with purging some of my Christmas decorations.  There were quite  few I didn't even put out because I didn't have enough room.

So here's to a fresh start and a new beginning.


No comments:

Post a Comment