Thursday, November 1, 2012

What Makes You Happy?

This past month has been pretty crazy.  On top of it all I turned 45.  And more so than before it has really made me stop and think about my life so far. The perverbial mid-life crisis. I could say I'm even a little depressed.  However I don't feel like I have the right to those feelings because of all the opportunitees and blessings that surround me personally and then see on the news the horror of death and destruction other people are facing especially after this past weekend's hurricane that hit the east coast.

Today is November 1, and in a few weeks families in this country are going to sit down for a delicious feast and take a moment to remember all the things they are thankful for.  Being thankful I think is one way to keep disappointments and failures in check.  Feeling sad or depressed are real feelings and should not be denied however so are feelings of happiness and joy.  So instead of sitting on the couch and just dwelling on those feelings why don't we figure out what might be effecting them?

Being thankful makes me happy.  So everyday of this month and hopefully everyday of my next 45 years Im going to make it a point to acknowledge the things I am thankful for.

And today I am thankful for you my blog readers.  Thank you for letting me rattle on about my "wonderfully complex" life.  Thank you for the kind and insightful comments you write.  And thank you for sharing me with your friends and family.  You are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment