Friday, July 20, 2012

Ellis County Quilt Show

This was my first time to enter a quilt in a quilt show.  If you are a quilter and have never entered a quilt I strongly encourage you to do so.  There is a big difference in going and looking at a bunch of quilts others have made and looking at others compared to your own.  It really helped me appreciate the first place winners so much more.

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that I won an honorable mention especially when I saw the quilt that won first in my division.

Here are some pictures from the show.



Welcome!


 Our Boutique


Small quilt silent auction


This year's raffle quilt



Next year's raffle quilt



my entry called "Corn and Beans"


Our Community Service is making quilts for our veterans at the VA Hospital in Dallas


Our president showing off the first place in each division


Ellis County Quilt Show!


my winner



first place in my division


Congratulations to all the winners and thank you all for a wonderful show!


No comments:

Post a Comment