Thursday, January 1, 2015

One Word 2015

I was introduce to the book One Word That Will Change Your Life last year and fell in love with the concept of focusing on one word all year instead of trying keep a new year resolution.  The concept of ONE WORD is to get rid of the long list of changes and goals for the new year and instead focus on just one word that encompasses your character and creates a vision for your future.

Here is the post I wrote last year:  One Word Will Change Your Life

Last year's I picked the word Today.  Looking back I can really notice a difference that one word has made in my life.  I don't tend to drift off in a daydream about future ideas or think on thoughts of regrets of yesterday like before.  And when I catch myself in one of those states I simply remember my word Today and snap out of it. I also noticed I got a lot of projects completed including a wedding quilt for my step-daughter and a baby quilt for my step-grand.

It's a new year and time for a new word.



One of the challenges of the year was the fact that my todays were not perfect or orderly.  I let the frustrations of this irritate me and I would lose my temper.  I do not like this aspect of my personality but instead of resolving to not lose my temper this year I will focus on my one word.

GENTLENESS

In the Bible gentleness is listed as a fruit of the spirit.  As we dwell in Christ and he in us the fruit of the spirit will grow in us. Gal 5:23, John 15:5

The dictionary describes gentleness as considerate or kindly in disposition, amiable and tender, not harsh or severe but mild and soft.

I want my home to be peaceful and full of love. And it all begins with me and a spirit of GENTLENESS.



Have you read the book One Word That Will Change Your Life? What is your One Word?  Leave it in the comments below.




No comments:

Post a Comment