Monday: Slow Cooker Mushroom Chicken over rice; roasted broccoli
Tuesday: leftovers; roasted green beans
Wednesday: Campbell's Slow Cooker Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce over rice
Thursday: grilled pork chops; roasted potatoes
Friday: Fisherman Seafood Creole over rice
Sunday: grilled chicken; roasted potatoes
Slow Cooker Chicken with Mushrooms
Cook Time: 10 hours
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
2 (10 3/4 oz) cans of cream of mushroom soup
4oz Can sliced mushrooms
1. Place chicken in slow cooker
2. Mix together soup, mushrooms, pour over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
4. Serve over rice
recipe from Fix-It and Forget It cookbook by Dawn J Ranck and Phyllis P Good
Chicken in Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Makes: 8 servings
Cook time: 7 to 8 hours
2 cans (10 ¾ ounce each) Campbell’s condensed cream of chicken soup with herbs
1 cup dry white wine
quarter cup coarsely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
2 tablespoons capers drained
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup drained, coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
half cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1. Stir the soup, wine, olives, capers, garlic, artichokes and tomatoes in a 3 ½ quart slow cooker. Add the chicken and turn to coat with the soup mixture.
2. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. Sprinkle with the basil if desired. Serve with rice, noodles or potatoes.
Recipe from Campbell’s slow cooker recipes
Fisherman’s Seafood Creole
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 large onion, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons real bacon bits
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 can (14 ounce)’s stewed tomatoes
1 small can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
1 LB. Raw peeled deveined tails off shrimp
1 Frozen sliced okra
hot pepper sauce to taste
1. Heat the oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, celery and bell pepper to the skillet. Cook till tender.
2. Add the garlic, bacon bits, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper to the skillet. Stir to mix. Add the tomatoes with their juice and the tomato sauce. Stir to mix. Cover the skillet and bring the sauce to a boil.
4. Add the shrimp and the okra to the skillet and stir to mix. Cover the skillet and cook until shrimp is almost opaque throughout, about four minutes.
5. Season with hot pepper sauce to taste. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about two minutes. To serve, spoon hot rice into bowls and top with the seafood Creole.