Monday, June 16, 2014

Summertime and Margaritas

When I think of summertime I think of flipflops, swimming pools and margaritas.  Every summer I am always on the lookout for the perfect margarita.  There is just something about a bright warm summer day that calls for me to pull up a patio chair and sip on an ice cold sweet and tangy frozen margarita.


 Picture from Food Network Tylor Florence


Today with the popularity of Pinterest the recipes are endless.  I even created my own  Margarita Board.




Here is a recipe I love that is simple but very yummy!

The Ultimate Margaria

1 lime, halved
coarse salt
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice, about 4 limes
1 tbs sugar
1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur, Grand Marnier
1/4 cup triple sec
1 cup gold tequila
ice
1/2 can quality larger style beer

to salt the margarita glasses, rub the outside rims of 4 big glasses with a cut lime and press them lightly into a plate of kosher salt, to coat.

Combine the lime juice, sugar, orange liqueur, Triple Sec, tequila, and a big handful of ice in a cocktail shaker or blender.  Shake the margarita really well, for a good 20 seconds, add a splash of beer and strain into the salt rimmed glasses filled with ice.  garnish with a lime wheel.

Enjoy! and happy summer!





Recipe from the Tylor Florence Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment