Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hunger Games Mockingjay Pin

I’m going to see the movie Hunger Games this weekend. There is so much paraphanalia on the market I figured it couldn’t be too hard to make my own.  I wanted to make a mockingjay pin and remembered the pins I used to make as a kid with Shrinky Dinks.  When I looked on line I found out the company makes special plastic that works with ink jet printers! 





I was so excited I went to my local craft store, using my 40% off coupon of course, and purchased a pack of the special plastic.  Next I found an image of the mockingjay from the cover of the book and downloaded it to my computer.  Using my scrapbook photo-editing software I designed the image I wanted to shrink into my pin. 





So far so good.  The image printed fine.






I cut it out and put it in the oven following the manufacturer’s instructions and watched the magic.






Then I glued a pin on the back and now I’m ready to watch Katniss defy the Capitol!



2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the movie yet-- hoping to get there this week if I can swing it with our schedules! Anyway, welcome to blogland, Kristina:-)

    ReplyDelete