Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rose River Falls, Shenandoah National Park

On family vacations I can always count on enjoying a hike through the woods to a beautiful waterfall.  They are my husband's favorite subject to photograph.  And this vacation was no exception.  Rose River Falls is in the Shenandoah National Park near the Byrd Visitor Center.  It is a 1.25 hike in, 2.5 round trip.  Sorry to say the rain fall in the last year has been very little so there was not much of a waterfall but we had fun hiking down to it and exploring the area.

Here is a picture I found on the Internet taken back in 2011.



And here is the picture my husband took.




Thanks for letting me share a little bit more of our vacation and now its back to the sewing machine!  Here is a little of what of what I'm working on today




1 comment:

  1. Kristina,
    I think the waterfall looks wonderful! What beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. The quilt you're working on is also beautiful. I sure wish I knew how to quilt. I'll add it to my never ending list of things to learn to do. A learning bucket list :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete