Monday, April 23, 2012

3 Ways to Make it a Good Morning!


Yes, my college roommate hated me.  I would rise and shine at 7 every morning singing and get ready for my day.  Out of sympathy I would blow dry my hair in the hall.   I’m one of the weird ones.  I love mornings.  I’m a morning person.


And over the years I’ve learned that mornings can either make or break your day.  Remember: Stress and anxiety wreak havoc on your immune system.  Enter your day happy and relaxed, and you greatly increase your chances of a healthy, productive day.  The days I get up and follow my morning routine, I feel so much better about everything at the end of the day.  That being said, I thought I would share with you three things you can do to make your mornings a good morning too.


1.       Invest in a coffee maker with a timer


I’ve always loved waking to the smell of coffee in the morning.  I even read in the news that the smell of coffee does actually help wake you up.  (but us coffee folk have known that for years).


2.       Set your alarm earlier so you make time to get in God’s word


By seeking God first in the morning we are focusing on our Creator, the one who made us, formed us and created us in His image and in His likeness.


And when we focus on Him and seek him in the first part of our day… we are taking hold and claiming the peace, the joy, the love that only God can provide to us… and this will last us the rest of our day!


“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” -Jesus, Matthew 6:33

“Oh God, thou art my God; early will I seek you” -David, Psalm 61:3


3.       Gather all your bathroom necessities in a basket so you don’t forget anything and your sink vanity is clean and organized.







This is a trick I learned from one of those “how to be organized” books I’ve read.  I have a portable caddy under my sink where I have my, facewash, lotion, deodorant, vitamins, bottled water (I can’t stand the taste of tap water) make up and perfume.   When I get ready in the morning I just pull out the caddy and then return it after finished.



It’s a short and simple list but it works.  So tomorrow when someone says ‘good morning’ you can say, ‘yes, it is!’

1 comment:

  1. This is so great Kristina! I love all 3 of these. Coffee, time in the Word, and getting read for the day. Amen!

    Carly @ ryandcar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete